Michigan is a splendid place to visit year-round! While summer and fall are the most popular times, winter is a magical time to get away to enjoy the solitude and blessing this quiet season brings and to enjoy some of our favorite winter things to do in Michigan. Whether you need to get away for a bit of romance and relax with your sweetheart, or you need some pampering, or you need a new backdrop from working at home- we have the perfect places to stay and many things to do during your Michigan getaway that’s outlined in our 17 Favorite Winter Things to do In Michigan.
17 Favorite Winter Things to Do
- Enjoy a sunrise or sunset while walking on a Michigan Beach. Huron House is located in Oscoda in Northeast Michigan, fondly called the “Sunrise Coast of Michigan,” Its beach location allows you to be pampered in bed while watching a sunrise. For a spectacular sunset, stay on the western side of Michigan, where you can capture colorful sunsets over Lake Michigan. The Rosemont Inn is a perfect choice, as its popular location is just across the street from Lake Michigan.
- Enjoy the Winter Festivities in Grand Rapids. Check out this calendar of events. Grand Rapids is a fabulous destination year-round- filled with farm-to-table restaurants, a symphony and opera house, and many entertainment options. Three remarkable Michigan Bed and Breakfast choices include Leonard at Logan House, the Parsonage Inn, and the romantic PrairieSide Suites outside Grand Rapids.
3. Try your hand at snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Many of our Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association member inns offer complimentary use of their equipment, including Goldberry Woods and Garden Grove Inn in Union Pier and House on the Hill Bed and Breakfast in Ellsworth.
4. Take a winter skywalk across the Sky Bridge at Boyne Mountain Resort. Guests ride the historic Hemlock Scenic Chairlift to the mountain’s top, then venture out along the exhilarating 1,200-foot long and 118-foot high pedestrian bridge. Two of our member inns are close by the fun-loving Inn at Breezy Hill Farms and the House on the Hill, which has beautiful views of the Chain of Lakes. For more information about this area, check out this previous blog.
6. Check out the extraordinary History and Culture in Detroit. This previous blog outlines the best places to stay and visit.
7. Enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail in the Speakeasy pub at the Frederick K Stearns House, located in the trendy West Village neighborhood of Detroit.
8. Stay at a winery in the Old Mission Peninsula in the heart of scenic Northern Michigan wine country. Breathtaking vineyards with distant views of Grand Traverse Bay will surround you. The innkeepers at Grey Hare Inn also have snowshoes for you to use. You’ll want to sample the wines at Chateau Chantal, a winery, and a Bed and Breakfast.
9. Sample some great fried chicken in Frankenmuth, known for its addicting fried chicken dinners- German style. Check out two favorite eateries to decide your favorite- Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth and Bavarian Inn Restaurant- each offering their takes on the classic German dishes that first put Frankenmuth on the map. After shopping and dining in Frankenmuth, enjoy a comfortable bed and breakfast experience at the Frankenmuth Country Bed and Breakfast.
10. Explore the town of Ypsilanti, which might include an escape experience at Decode Ann Arbor. This award-winning and challenging Escape Room in downtown Ypsilanti is a beautiful way to spend an afternoon of intrigue. Afterward, you can enjoy the great food at member inn Newton of Ypsilanti. Your innkeeper/owner is a professional chef, and you can sign up for some of her cooking classes or arrange a private romantic dinner at the inn.
11. Check out the three lighthouses in Ludington- North Breakwater, and Little and Big Sable Point and enjoy winter sports in Ludington State Park. You have three member inns to choose from: Ludington House, Candlelit Inn, and Lamplighter Bed and Breakfast. All provide excellent hospitality and delicious homemade breakfasts
12. Check out the many microbreweries, brewpubs, and taprooms in Traverse City. Afterward, you can enjoy the lakeside lodging at the Spring Lighthouse, close by in Elk Rapids.
13.. Explore the many consignment shops in the Upper Chain of Lakes Region and, afterward, enjoy the lodging at The House on the Hill.
14. Relax in a romantic jacuzzi tub, found at many of our Michigan Bed and Breakfasts. The Jade Estate in Allegan has romantic tubs, fireplaces, and a value-packed winter discount package. The luxurious and romantic Historic Webster House in Bay City has a spa and cedar dry sauna room that can be reserved in advance.
15.. Take in a show and dinner in the lively city of Kalamazoo and enjoy the luxurious hospitality at the Kalamazoo House.
16. Check out the wildlife and birding at A Dove’s Nest Bed and Breakfast In Kingston. This 112-acre property is remote and perfect to star gaze at night.
17.. Relax in a winter igloo and enjoy a cold glass of beer at Home Grown Beer Co, located in Southeast Michigan in the quaint town of Oxford. Afterward, relax and be pampered at the area’s sumptuous bed and breakfast- Maple Cove B&B. Check out this blog for more information about this enchanting area just a short drive from Detroit.
Book your stay today at a quality-assured Michigan Bed and Breakfast Inn
20 of our Favorite Winter Things to Do in Michigan and reasons to book your stay today at a quality-assured Michigan Bed and Breakfast member inn. Each of our innkeeper/owners cares deeply about your experience and provide a level of hospitality far superior to other lodging options, such as hotels and Airbnbs
For more information and to book your stay-https://www.laketolake.com/
Our monthly articles are, like this one, packed with interesting travel ideas and news of outstanding Michigan bed and breakfasts. To make sure you don’t miss one, subscribe now. Our quick-read newsletter will come to your inbox. No spam. No sharing your email address with anyone else. Good stuff.