What makes Lexington so special for Romance?
The beautiful landscape, coastline, and charming beaches make Lexington, Mi, a perfect romantic getaway! Located on the eastern thumb coast of Michigan, which is fondly called the Sunrise Coast, this small town is a perfect far-away destination close by. Amazingly, Lexington is only 80 miles north of Detroit. From a picturesque harbor with clear blue water to a quaint downtown, you can always find a quiet place to spend time together. And, whether you’re celebrating a milestone, wanting to propose, or just wanting to get away together, there are tons of romantic things to do and places to visit in Lexington.
Enjoy easy access to golfing, vineyard wine tastings, boating, water sports galore, great food, shopping, and live entertainment at the theatre during your stay. Lexington’s waterfront park, next to the state harbor, has a large beach for swimming, star gazing, and spectacular sunrises. Lexington is known for its 4th of July fireworks display, Music in the Park series on Friday evenings, Thumbfest, the Fine Arts Street Fair, and the annual Lexington Bach Festival.
Romance is at the heart of the Bed and Breakfast industry, and no one does it better than the curated, quality-assured properties of the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association. MBBA represents some of the best bed and breakfasts in the state, including the Lexington House Bed and Breakfast highlighted in this blog. Each MBBA property is unique and special, allowing an experience far beyond what you would find in a traditional hotel or the unknown quality of an AirBnB property.
Each of our MBBA Inns has passed an extensive ten-page quality review by an independent inspector. We know your romantic getaway in Michigan should be memorable and without stress. That is why the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association is one of the oldest and most respected state travel associations. We like to spread the word of the best places to stay in Michigan, and you will not be disappointed with a quality stay at the Lexington House, A Night to Remember Bed and Breakfast in the beautiful shoreline town of Lexington.
12 Most Romantic Things to do in Lexington
- Walk around the pier, take in all the fresh lake air, and gaze out at the crystal blue waters.
2. Have a romantic dinner at the Cadillac House.
3. Spend the afternoon wine tasting at 3 North Wines Vineyard
4. Have a fun night checking out the brews at the 3 North Taphouse and Eatery in downtown Lexington. Not only will you find their drink lineup from the Vineyard, but you can also try their own Ciders and Microbrews. They have a full menu to accompany their unique drinks.
5. Enjoy an old fashion Banana Split with your sweetheart. An ice cream shop is just outside the Lexington House Bed and Breakfast door.
6. Attend a live show or performance at the Lexington Village Theatre. The innkeepers of the Lexington House are great supporters of this community theatre and can arrange tickets in advance.
7. Check out the historic lighthouse in Port Sanilac, a short drive from the inn.
8. Visit Lexington during some of its summer celebrations, including Music in the Park, 4th of July Fireworks, and so much more-
9. Wake up early and enjoy a spectacular sunrise over the harbor.
10. Charter a fishing adventure.
11. Grab a picnic lunch and hike in Sanilac Petroglyphs State Park.
12. Go on an antique hunt to find that special piece to bring home. One of the favorites is Trash to Treasures on Lakeshore Road.
“Living Like a Local” Tips from the innkeepers at the Lexington House
When visiting a new area, it’s always nice to get some tips from locals that know the best places to dine, have connections for theatre tickets or know the best places to shop in town. Here are some of Innkeeper, Donna, and Joe’s favorites:
- Having a burger at the Village Pub
- For a special occasion, dining at the Cadillac House
- Having fresh seafood/sushi at the Windjammer
- Shopping for specialty gifts at Angel’s Garden
- Unique clothing at The Town Shoppe and Main Street Boutique
- Watching a show at the Lexington Village Theatre
Best Place to stay in Lexington
And for the very best place to stay, the Lexington House, a Night to Remember Bed and Breakfast, is a perfect home base for all kinds of romantic activities on the shores of Lake Huron. Guests staying at the Lexington House enjoy all the comforts of home while being pampered with luxurious amenities, warm hospitality, and an ice cream shop just outside the door. Plus, the Lexington House Bed and Breakfast has a wonderful location just a short walk from the quaint downtown shopping district, restaurants, and marina. When it’s time to book your romantic accommodations, check out their website for more details and to book your romantic getaway today.