Travelers will experience more beautiful outdoor spaces at Michigan bed and breakfasts this summer than ever before. Why? Innkeepers idled by the coronavirus-related shutdown found ways to keep busy, indoors and out. Many of them transformed outdoor spaces from attractive to gorgeous, as you’ll see in this video entitled “Outdoor spaces we love at 19 Michigan B&Bs.”
Since last year, you’ll see, for example:
- the front porch at Saravilla B&B in Alma (above) all spiffed up by the new owners who took over last summer
- a new pergola and fire pit at The Nordic Pineapple in St. Johns
- new tables and chairs for outdoor dining on the wide front porch of Judson Heath Colonial Inn in Saugatuck
- the swimming pool made resort-worthy at Goldberry Woods in Union Pier, and
- at Hexagon House B&B in Pentwater the creation of raised garden beds and a refurbished flagstone path, among numerous landscaping projects that benefited from the the talents and availability of innkeeper Connie Loisch’s four daughters.
Other Michigan B&BS with beautiful outdoor spaces we love are featured in the video below. Click on an inn’s name for more information.
- Arcadia House B&B, Arcadia
- Bellaire B+B, Bellaire
- Dapple-Gray B&B, near Copper Harbor in the Upper Peninsula
- Ginkgo Tree Inn B&B, Mount Pleasant
- Grey Hare Inn, Traverse City
- Historic Webster House B&B, Bay City
- House on the Hill B&B. Ellsworth
- Inn at Old Orchard Road, Holland
- Kalamazoo House B&B, Kalamazoo
- Looking Glass Beachfront Inn, Grand Haven
- Maple Cove B&B, Leonard
- Oak Creek Lodge, Bannister
- Prairieside Suites Luxury B&B, Grandville
- The Spring Lighthouse, Elk Rapids
Enjoy the video, whose opening image is the charming gazebo at Hexagon House B&B.
We post informative and entertaining stories and videos about Michigan bed and breakfasts and travel almost monthly. The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to our quick-read newsletter. It arrives in your inbox about 10 times a year.