Best things to do:
- Allegan Antiques Market: This market is a great place to find unique and vintage items. The vendors are friendly and knowledgeable.
- Wild West Ranch: This ranch offers horseback riding tours and equestrian trails. There are many varieties of horses and beautiful colors in various sizes. They also do romantic sleigh rides through the woods during wintertime.
- Lake Allegan: It’s special and has a picturesque drive to the park.
Best Cultural Attractions:
- Top Broadway shows in Grand Rapids Devos Center
- Grand Rapids Ballet
- Dutch culture is prominent in West MI – Tulip Festival (in May), Windmill Island Gardens, Nelis’ Dutch Village Museums
- Frederik Meijer Gardens Outdoor Summer concert series, immersive Butterfly experience in May
- Gerald R. Ford Museum Grand Rapids is home to President Ford; this museum has an immersive replica of the Oval Office as it was in his day and the Cabinet Room
- Grand Rapids Museum Has a really neat walk-through replica of downtown in the 1800s
- John Ball Zoo
- The ArtPrize: An international art contest that is displayed in various locations including restaurants, parks, and public spaces throughout Grand Rapids in September. The public can vote on their favorite art piece and then a judge panel makes the final determination of the top 3.
- Hathaway Cottage & Gifts: Allegan- A local boutique that carries Brighton jewelry and handbags, Thymes lotions, fragrances, and home line products (Nia, the innkeeper/owner at Jade owner “loves the Thymes Magnolia Willow countertop spray.. It smells AMAZING and WORKS!!!”), home decor, accessories, Willow Tree sculptures, apparel, baby/kids items, and drinkware!
- Allegan Antiques Market: Allegan- Open the last Sunday of every month, May to September. This market is a great place to find unique and vintage items.
- Twin Flame Lavender Farm: Allegan- Offers a variety of lavender products.
- Something Sweet: Allegan- This store offers a great selection of chocolates, candies, and other small gifts.
- Bittersweet Ski Resort: This resort offers skiing and snowboarding. It’s a great place to enjoy winter sports.
- Allegan County Historical Society: This museum offers a variety of exhibits and all items in it are from the immediate area. The docent was knowledgeable and friendly.
- Summer Swimming: Lake Allegan, known for its clear water and nice sand, and Littlejohn Park Lake with 113 acres of wooded, natural public land with a pretty swimming breach, grills, a picnic table, a nature trail, and ADA accessible walkway.
Best place to stay
Imagine having a homemade breakfast served to you on this beautiful porch. Life goes at a much slower pace in Allegan and the Jade Estate Inn is a perfect place to call home during your Allegan getaway. Stroll to the local farmer’s market or around the neighborhood to enjoy the 1800s architecture of other homes and buildings, including the Carnegie Library. Spend the day apple picking or on a beach in Saugatuck- options are endless and your innkeeper is available to help you with your Allegan Itinerary.
The Jade Estate Inn is quality-assured and inspected by the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association for your peace of mind to know that all the details are top-notch. The Best of Allegan is at your fingertips. Make your reservations today at the Jade Estate Inn and the rest of the details will fall in place.