Plan to Make the Most of Your Vacation Days
Every 4th Tuesday in January is National Vacation Planning Day and what perfect timing to plan your 2024 vacations. At the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association we know all the “Innsider” information on the best places to stay and explore in Michigan, and in this article, we wanted to share some additional tips on How to Maximize your Vacation Days by Travel Planning:
- President’s Day falls on February 19th- Book one day of vacation for four days off
- Some businesses close on Good Friday and several states designate it as a state holiday including, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Texas, and Tennessee. Create a nine-day Easter Holiday Escape by taking four days of vacation the weekdays before.
- Memorial Day in May could include a 9-Day Getaway if you plan four days off the week after.
- If you time your getaway to include the July 4th holiday and take nine days of vacation, you could enjoy a fabulous sixteen-day Michigan Summer getaway.
- Labor Day Weekend and beyond is often called the Adult Summer in Michigan. Book a four-day or extended nine-day holiday for a beach vacation.
- Veterans Day on November 11th makes for a perfect four-day getaway to begin your holiday shopping.
How to maximize your vacation days? With travel planning and asking for specific dates off, you can extend your time away to experience new places, share new adventures, and bond with your loved ones and friends.
Discover the Best Travel Destinations in Michigan for 2024
The beautiful state of Michigan is filled with many extraordinary travel destinations. From scenic routes that make for interesting Michigan Road Trips to climbing Michigan Lighthouses to picturesque Michigan Coastal Towns, to exploring some of the massive state and national parks, they all lead to the beauty of nature and simple pleasures that can be found in Pure Michigan. Some of our favorite destinations include the Sky Bridge at Boyne Mountain Resort, Belle Island in Detroit, Mackinac Island where no cars are allowed and transportation is either walking, biking, or horse-drawn carriages, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Wine in Traverse City, Tulips in Holland, Art in Saugatuck, Breweries in Grand Rapids. Our list could go on. Sign up for our e-travel news to learn more.
Experience the Charm of Michigan’s Top-Rated Bed and Breakfasts
The Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association includes a variety of bed and breakfasts that are all quality-assured and inspected for your peace of mind. If you are thinking of a beach getaway, many are located in coastal towns. If you are looking to explore lighthouses, we have created a romantic Michigan road trip to explore and sometimes climb these icons. For all the history buffs, many of the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Inns are historical properties with storied pasts. Many are located near wineries and others are near State Parks. Our urban inns boast culture, entertainment, galleries, sports games, and museums. What can be found at every Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association Inn is warm hosts, comfortable lodging, delicious breakfasts, and plenty of information about the best places to see and dine during your getaway.
Travel on a Budget: Tips for Saving Money While Exploring Michigan
At MBBA, you’ll find a wonderful selection of properties that range from budget to luxury. Our website provides all the information to find the perfect destination that fits your budget. Also remember, these top-rated Michigan Bed and Breakfasts frequently post offers on our site. Some during the quiet season, make for a remarkable getaway that your pocketbook will surely enjoy.
Featured Inn- Vintage Inn at Veritas Estate
There is a new bed and breakfast in South Haven, and we are delighted that they are MBBA members. This is not your average bed-and-breakfast experience as the innkeepers have remarkable talents: Tim is an accomplished chef and prepares delicious farm-to-table fare for their guests that could include a private, romantic dinner at the inn. Sherry is a sommelier with a passion for growing grapes and wine on their property. The couple has remodeled the five-room inn with beautiful gardens and luxuries. Some guests love to relax by the chicken coop to meet their hens- who are family too.
To book a stay and check out their specials use this link.