Dozens of ways to de-stress at this comfy rural retreat
Enjoy this retreat to the country in Michigan's heartland, where the garden is bursting with bounty, local farm stands are loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables, and you can beat the heat relaxing on a shady porch swing or renting a kayak, tube or paddle board to float the nearby Flat River. Bike Michigan's fabulous "rails to trails," fish our stocked pond, or book an in-house massage. Relax in the peaceful surroundings of our beautiful country setting.
A peaceful getaway to the country, At Willow Pond B&B is nestled in Michigan's heartland on more than 25 wildlife-filled acres. Hike, bike, swim or fish. We stock the pond. Relax on the porch swing and watch the birds, wander the grounds checking out the flower gardens and looking for wildlife, or just nap in a hammock. You can also book an in-room massage or spa treatment for the full pampering experience.
In winter, snowshoe, cross-country ski or cuddle up in front of the fireplace with a good book.
Enjoy a sumptuous At Willow Pond B&B country breakfast with fresh eggs gathered from our own chickens, homemade baked goods hot out of the oven to slather with honey from our own bees and jam we make from fruit picked locally (some right on the property). Help yourself to the endless cookie jar and bottomless pot of coffee, or cold beverages stocked in the guest fridge. We offer free wireless internet throughout the inn, and each of our four rooms has satellite TV and a private bathroom.
Our well-appointed guest rooms invite you to relax and sleep in, with oh-so-comfortable beds, made up with cool cotton in the summer and toasty warm flannels in winter:
- The Sunrise Suite offers a king-sized log bed and spacious bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub, a separate glass-door shower and double sink. In-room mini-fridge and coffee pot, guest robes and a comfy chair are among the other amenities.
- The Northwest Suite is a large, sunny yellow room with a queen-sized log canopy bed with a sitting area and a log futon that folds out to a full-sized bed. The bathroom features an extra-deep soaking tub and shower.
- The Lavender Room, named for the lavender growing outside the window, features beautiful chestnut furniture and a large tile and glass block shower with a double shower head.
- In the Garden Room, from the beautiful pewter-colored metal frame bed, you can look out over the backyard and pond, and at night you can see the stars. In the private bathroom next to the bedroom, there is a shower with a shower head at both ends, so no one is left out in the cold.
We have many favorite restaurants in nearby towns we like to recommend and various forms of entertainment, from a drive-in theater, great parks and recreation areas, antiquing, golf courses, orchards and farm markets with gift shops and exotic animals, and great small town festivals. throughout the year in all the nearby small towns. You are only an hour from Grand Rapids, Lansing or Mount Pleasant.
Unique experiences at At Willow Pond B&B
We might be out in the country, but only 10 to 15 miles from good craft beer, such as:
- 57 Brew Pub in Greenville, with local beers brewed on site and a creative menu from appetizers to desserts
- Steele Street Brewing in Ionia with 22 beers on tap, including their own brews as well as ciders and wine, artisan pizzas and sandwiches, a local hangout with members club
- Horses Mouth in Belding with 21 Michigan craft beers on tap, (and three not-so-crafty ones ;) ), and great burgers on the menu.
There is adventure to be found in all seasons, both on the property or in the surrounding area. Fish the stocked pond, hunt on the state land, hike or bike on country roads, Michigan’s great rails-to-trails system, the Ionia State Recreation Area or just the beautiful, paved river walks in Greenville or Ionia.
Take to the nearby rivers in your kayak or canoe, golf on one of many nearby courses. In winter, try out our snow shoes, bring your x-country skis, or head over to Cannonsburg ski hill for downhill skiing or tubing. Be sure to check out their zip line experiences in summer and fall.
Nestled into 26 wildlife-filled acres (and adjacent to 7,500 acres of state land, which is managed for wildlife), At Willow Pond B&B shares plenty of nature with our guests. With wetlands, a pond, woods and meadows, we are a birder’s paradise, supporting many different species. It’s not uncommon to spot deer at the edges of the woods or find them grazing by the pond. Your travels to get to us take you through picturesque orchards and farmland, past lakes and rivers, here in Michigan’s heartland. And there’s nothing like stargazing out in the country—a night sky without light pollution!
Farm to table starts right here on our property. We plant an extensive garden, grow fruit trees and berry bushes of many varieties. Elements of your breakfast may be picked right before breakfast, and much of the garden is preserved for the colder months. Our breakfast meats come from a pig raised naturally, by a family member.
Innkeeper Claire loves to bake, and everything on the table, or in the cookie jar, is homemade. Whatever we don’t grow ourselves, we can get from the many produce markets supplied by area farmers.
We are happy to recommend nearby orchards to pick your own berries, cherries, apples, and the like to take home. Maybe you’d like to try one of the “Cooking with Claire” packages.
Nothing says romance for special occasions like a bed and breakfast stay, and At Willow Pond B&B is no exception.
Consider our “Sweetheart Package” with a candlelight dinner by the fireplace or on the porch, or book an in-house massage for the ultimate in relaxation. Be sure to choose one of our rooms with a Jacuzzi or deep soaking tub, where you can also cozy up in front of a fireplace. You can enjoy the wood-burning fireplace in the great room as well, snuggle in the double hammock by the pond, or rock in the gliders or front porch swing on one of the porches.
Ask the innkeeper about a picnic by the pond, or toasting marshmallows over a fire in the fire pit by the pond.